Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Understanding Theology in 15 Minutes a Day book review

I have just recently read the book Understanding Theology in 15 Minutes a Day by Daryl Aaron to review for the Bethany House.

The book was organized into 40 chapters all on theology of the Bible. There were a few "big words" I had to look up in order to understand the book but other than that it was an easy read. The chapters are very short and did not take me 15 minutes a day to read. You could easily read 2 or 3 chapters (depending on how fast you read) in 15 minutes.

I was able to gain a deeper understanding of some theology which is something I haven't studied much into before. There were parts I did not agree with, but since its not a sound science (no one can "prove" what God means in all instances) I would stop and pray about the parts that did not settle well for me.

Rating: I would give this book a 4 out of 5 stars just because of the harder words and my basic opinion of disagreement on a few chapters.

I would recommend this book to anyone who already has a deep faith and understanding of God. I don't think its a great "beginners" (just learning about God) book, but it is a good read for a more "mature" christian. :)



**This was a free copy from Bethany House.

No comments:

Post a Comment